Current Reopening Stage
Return to regular hours, Grab and Go inside service available, Curbside Delivery offered, and Limited Public Computers by appointment.
We are happy to announce that we are returning to our regular hours. We have also reopened for limited walk-in service, continue curbside delivery, and have limited public computer access by appointment. We will be operating at 25% capacity, allowing only brief, purposeful visits.
What this will mean:
- Regular hours return:
- Monday - Thursday: 10 am - 8 pm
Friday and Saturday: 10 am - 5 pm
- Computers are available by appointment only.
- You must make a reservation to use the computers. You can call the Adult Information desk at 248-698-4942 x 3 or sign up in person.
- Computer sessions are limited to one hour per session and one session per day.
- Computer reservations can be made one day in advance.
- Grab and Go – The Library will be open for visits of 30 minutes or less to browse and check out materials. Reference, readers advisory, and library account assistance are also available.
- Curbside delivery service will continue during the same hours of operation. You may request materials online or by phone. When notified your request is available, call the library to set up an appointment for contactless curbside delivery. (see below for instructions for curbside pickup)
- Please use the 24/7 drive-up book drop to return materials
- All Returns must be quarantined before check-in.
- Fines acquired during quarantine will be waived.
- Enclosed spaces such as meeting and study rooms are not available.
- Face masks are mandatory for everyone except children under 2. If you don't feel comfortable wearing one, we encourage you to use our Curbside Delivery.
Virtual programs, online services and resources and Wi-Fi from our parking lot continue to be available for you to use.
Here is some additional helpful info for this phase of reopening:
- Please do not enter the library if you have a cough, fever, or other symptoms of Covid-19.
- Small groups of no more than two people or one parent with two children are strongly encouraged. Members not of the same household must remain 6 ft. apart.
- No gatherings or congregating are allowed, and there is very limited seating.
- There are increased sanitation practices. As you enter the building, please use the provided hand sanitizer.
- Browsing in the stacks is limited to 2 people per aisle with a 6' space between them at all times. Please self-monitor and respect directions on signs.
As COVID-19 recedes, greater levels of service will be phased in accordingly. Thanks for your understanding as we work through the safe return of library service to White Lake Township.
Don't hesitate to reach out with any questions; we're happy to help. Please call 248-698-4942 or email email@example.com
Curbside Delivery Details
We are excited to provide you with a new service, curbside delivery of books, movies, magazines, and more! You can place orders for library materials, and the library staff will provide safe contactless delivery of your items to your vehicle.
How do I request materials for pickup?
- Go online, search the catalog, and place holds as usual.
- Call the library at (248) 698-4942 and ask a librarian to help you to place holds.
- You can also contact us online from our website, whitelakelibrary.org.
How do I know my holds are ready?
You will be notified via phone, email or text – or the same way that you requested to be informed in the past.
How do I pick up my items?
- After you are notified that your items are available:
- Please call the library (248) 698-4942 x 2 and schedule a pickup time.
- Come to the library, return any items you still have at home in the drive-up book drop.
- Park in one of the designated curbside delivery parking spaces.
- Call the phone number on the sign. A staff member will ask for your name, library card number, and your parking space number.
- Please remain in your vehicle so we can provide you with contactless delivery. Staff will maintain strict social distancing and cannot accept returns when making deliveries. Returns must go into the drive-up book drop for 72 hours of quarantine.
- Staff will check out your items and bring them to your car. Open your trunk or backseat passenger side window or door, and we will place your items inside!
Curbside delivery is something we will do to keep you safe, while still providing access to the materials of your library. Reading is an important skill and treasured leisure activity. We at the While Lake Library are committed to getting those books and other materials into your hands in the safest way.