Friends Book Sale!
Thursday June 17 - Saturday June 19
Thursday, June 17 (3 - 7 pm)
Friday, June 18 (10 am - 4 pm)
Saturday, June 19 $5 bag sale all day (10 am - 4 pm) Bags will be provided by the Friends.
We've missed you and we're so glad to be able to invite you to the first Friends book sale held at the library in over a year : ) We have something for everyone! If you do not see it, please ask one of our volunteers. Since it is our biggest selection of books ever, we will be replenishing the stock throughout the sale.
We will follow Covid restrictions in place at the library at the time of our sale. We look forward to seeing all of you!
Donate to the Friends!
Have you been cleaning out your bookshelves while staying home? You can donate your gently used and in good condition books, DVDs, audiobooks, CDs, video games, and textbooks that are less than five years old.
Parking Lot Donation Days:
The Friends are arranging scheduled pickups in the library parking lot. Email email@example.com to find out more and to schedule a pickup time!
Friends of the Library
The Friends of the White Lake Township Library is a non-profit organization interested in helping our library develop and grow. We are energetic and helpful book lovers who donate time and resources to help provide our community with the books, programs and resources they deserve.
We need more volunteers to help us in all our endeavors, and are looking for Friends with all types of skills and interests. Your library is a great place to volunteer!
WHAT DID THE FRIENDS DO FOR THE LIBRARY IN 2019-2020?
- Sponsored summer reading program for children, teens and adults, Fisk Farm tree lighting, silent auction, Kentucky Derby and first art competition.
- Funded the new Children’s Program Room, donated $7500 for new learning computers in the Children’s area and provided the license for movie night programming.
- Held ongoing and quarterly book sales to generate income for library needs.
- Purchased four book club kits for the library to use and loan.
We can’t do it without you!
Membership forms are available online or at the Library.
You can contact the Friends by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
Friends of the Library Events
- Ongoing book sale in the Library
- Special programming and fundraising throughout the year
- Quarterly Book Sale
- Assist in community events such as White Lake Tree Lighting Ceremony.
- Friends Book Bags for Sale at the Front Desk $15